Al-Burooj Academy wants our students to have a good learning experience from us. Our staff is composed of experienced educators, committed to helping mold our students into better and responsible individuals.
- Jamiluddin Ismael
- Ricardo Gumpal
- Sr. Shaheda Irshad Teaching has been my passion and I have been a dedicated teacher with a teaching experience at different levels of school – elementary, middle, and high for almost 30 years. I have specialized skills in teaching Math for all grade levels. I have also had 5 years of teaching experience at college level math courses. As Head of the Department for Math and Science I created standardized questions in math for ERB, a National Standardized Testing Company and all of my questions were accepted by the company. I have also created a curriculum in accordance with the California Standards Curriculum for all the subjects with my experience from teaching in different countries, cultures and environments. I have been consistently rated as one of the best teachers’ in Math over the years. I always look forward to bringing my passion, expertise, and commitment for student success in my endeavors.
- Sr. Mariam Syed I teach both 4th and 5th grade at Al Burooj Academy. I am completing my Bachelors of Science in Early Childhood Development this year of 2019 from Purdue University. Previously, I’ve worked at Al-Ilm Educational Institute with preschool, kindergarten, and 4th grade students.
- Sr. Sarah Waghu I am happy to be a 6th-grade and 7th-grade teacher at Al-Burooj Academy. I am one of the original teachers on staff who opened the school in 2017. Before being a full-time teacher, I have been volunteering as a substitute for different Islamic schools. I attended Colfax Elementary School, CHEP and Pacific Coast High School. After graduating and receiving my diploma, I attended Cypress Community College to complete my GE credits. At the same time, I am working on getting my Aalima course done. Alhamdulillah, I have almost completed 5 years. I will be going to Western Governors University in order to finish my credits and get my Bachelor’s in Mathematics Education.
- Sr. Minaz Salema I am hardworking and trusted educator who strives to collaborate with all members of school to meet the needs of the students and promote philosophy of the school. I completed Bachelor of Science (Child Development) in 1994 and then finished my Masters in History in year 1996. My passion for teaching leads me to complete my Bachelor of Education in 1998. I received award for “Consistent Teacher” of the year Award from All India Khilafat Of Education in year 1998.
Board of Directors
The board of directors for Al-Burooj Academy consist of:
- Tanveer Waghu My passion to serve community leads me to start Al-Burooj Academy in July 2017. I always strive to serve humanity to best of my ability without expecting anything in return. I am finance graduate but my love towards computer lead me to learn computer programming.
- Amin Javeri
- Munaf Shaik
Enroll your children at Al-Burooj Academy to be mentored by our awesome faculty staff. For inquiries, kindly get in touch with us.